Thank you for joining the Plastic-Free Lunch campaign!
The Plastic-Free Lunch Day of Action campaign empowers students, parents, and teachers to effect positive change in their school community by raising awareness of single-use plastic pollution.
Raise awareness about single-use plastic trash.
Survey and compare how much single-use plastic is in your school (home, office) by conducting 1) a baseline survey, and 2) a Day of Action survey.
Share the results of your surveys with your school, FOE, politicians, and the media.
Below you will find instructions for conducting a survey of single-use plastic waste from home lunches along with advice on how to share results to advocate for positive change.
Bookmark this page to refer back to, or download a PDF copy here.
Your free resources:
- Maya’s Plastic-free Lunch Study (poster 18×24 in), (flyer 8.5×11 in)
- Single-use Plastics Survey Instructions
- How to Pack a Plastic-free Lunch
- Rice Krispies Squares Recipe and Cost Comparison
- Plastic Pollution in Canada Infographic
- Sample letter to send to the Minister of Environment and Climate Change and your local Member of Parliament.
- Media Launch Article