Leave A Gift In Your Will
At Friends of the Earth Canada, many of our supporters have been with us since the beginning, inspiring us with their steadfast commitment to protecting the Earth for today and tomorrow.
Today, a growing number of these donors are choosing to remember Friends of the Earth with a Legacy Gift.
The most popular way to leave a legacy is to make a bequest in your will.
A bequest is an instruction that a certain amount of money, a particular item of property or the residue of your estate once your other bequests are made should be given to Friends of the Earth at your death. Upon death, Friends of the Earth will issue a donation receipt for the bequest that may result in significant tax savings in the year of death and the preceding year.
Whether you’ve been a supporter for years – or are making your first contribution via your will – we thank you for helping protect the environment today, and for future generations.
To include a gift to Friends of the Earth Canada in your will, follow these simple steps:
- We advise seeking professional help from a legal advisor with experience preparing wills to ensure your wishes are honoured.
- Our full name and charity number need to be included in your will. Otherwise, we may not receive your gift.
Our official name, address and charitable number:
Friends of the Earth / Les Amies de la Terre
150-18 Louisa Street
Ottawa, ON K1R 6Y6
Charitable registration number: 11893 3001 RR0001
- Sample Will clauses for you and your lawyer to consider:
- To give a specific amount: “I give to Friends of the Earth, 18 Louisa Street, Unit 150, Ottawa, Ontario, Charitable number 11893 3001 RR0001, the sum of $10,000.”
- To give a percentage of the estate: “I give to Friends of the Earth, 18 Louisa Street, Unit 150, Ottawa, Ontario, Charitable number 11893 3001 RR0001, fifty percent (50%) of the rest, residue and remainder of my estate.”
- To give a specific asset, such as shares in a company: “I give to Friends of the Earth, 18 Louisa Street, Unit 150, Ottawa, Ontario Charitable number 11893 3001 RR0001, 500 shares of ABC Co. Inc.”
- For a gift contingent upon a certain condition: “In the event that my brother does not survive me, I give to Friends of the Earth, 18 Louisa Street, Unit 150, Ottawa, Ontario, Charitable number 11893 3001 RR0001.”
We are here to help!
Please contact us for more information about creating a gift in your will, and donating RRSPs, RRIFs or Life Insurance.
And if you have chosen to include Friends of the Earth Canada in your will, please let us know – we would love to thank you personally.
Contact Bea at 613-241-0085 (toll free at 1-888-385-4444) or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.